Combine Karting on Ice and Snowmobiling, the two most exhilarating safaris that Lapland has to offer. We start the activity with the qualifying rounds for the Karting on Ice Open Race. Set your best lap-time and secure your starting position! After the qualifying rounds we have a break around the open fire where we enjoy hot beverages. When everyone is ready, we start the race. Be the fastest and finish before colleagues, friend or family! During the karting children, who can’t reach the pedals of the karts, can enjoy the mini snowmobiles. After the race it is time for the snowmobiling. We will show you how to safely operate the snowmobiles and teach you everything you need/want to know about snowmobiling. During the safari we will guide you through the frozen river valley and snow-covered forests.
Access Lapland is the biggest Karting on Ice Provider in Lapland!
Every year we serve thousands of satisfied customers from all over the world.
The ice karts are powerful winter go-karts with silent four stroke engines and studded winter tires with spikes. We use high-quality German made karts, RIMO EVO6 and RIMO ALPHA2, with 4 stroke HONDA engines to ensure the best quality for our customers. Every year we re-build our ice-track and make Improvements. Throughout the years we have perfected the track and optimized our Lap-Timing. Every kart is fitted with a transponder to get a real-time reading of the Lap-Times.
Our track is a private 500-550m long with great high-speed straights and tough corners for drifting. There are plenty of spots for overtaking. When we build the track, we always remember to take care of sharp corners and faster straights. We build a snow wall to protect from damage and injuries if a kart ends up outside of the track. Spectators have limited approach to the track and observe from safe distance. The track is designed to optimize the driving experience of our customers!
For Snowmobile Safaris our experience, knowledge and the use of professional safety gear ensures the safety of every participant on our safaris. To provide the performance, we use the newest snowmobile models of the locally made Lynx brand. For the driving comfort, we only use quality clothing, gloves and safety gear. Our local guides have a wide knowledge of the area and years of experience to ensure customers are safe and have the maximum of enjoyment during the safari.
The mini snowmobiles are perfect for children from approximately 6 years to 10 years (if children cannot reach the pedals of kart). The mini snowmobiles are operated on a safe 100m track and children drive under non-stop supervision of our guide.
All our activities are operated from our "OUNASPAVILJONKI ICE ADVENTURE RESORT" which is 5 minutes from Rovaniemi City Center.
- Mini Snowmobiles for children
- Racing session 1: 10-minute qualifying rounds
- Break with hot beverages
- Racing session 2: 10-minute race
- Award ceremony
- 2 Hours Twin driving on a snowmobile
- Use of thermal clothing during the activity(thermal overall, boots and helmets)
- Driving and safety instructions
- Transfers from ACCESS LAPLAND office in Rovaniemi City Center to OUNASPAVILJONKI ICE ADVENTURE RESORT
- Guiding in English, other languages on request
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years old and hold a valid driver's license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!). Child travelling as a passenger on the snowmobile pays the adult price. Child rate applies when child is travelling in a sledge.
- Single driving supplement ensures 1 person to drive single on the snowmobile.
- Snowmobiles are insured as required by Finnish law. This insurance covers medical care for injuries of the driver and the passenger arising from accidents. Liability for damage caused to the snowmobile up to the amount of 980,- € per accident. Self liability can be reduced to 150,- € by paying waiver supplement 15,- € per driver per safari.
- Minimum height for driving the kart is 140 cm and it is suitable for children minimum 9 years old.
- ACCESS LAPLAND reserves the right to change the price, program, inclusions and duration of the tour, due to weather conditions and unexpected occurrences.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 365 days or less before event